About Bates Wells
Making a profit is core to all businesses but our goal is to combine this with a real social purpose. Our values are pivotal to us, they shape our decisions and the way we live and work.
We focus on positive social impact as much as we focus on being a successful law firm. Our top tier legal advice is coupled with a real desire to drive change and we were the first UK law firm with B Corp certification, awarded to businesses that balance purpose and profit.
Today, our clients are diverse – from corporate household names to public bodies, to start ups. We’re also the firm of choice for thousands of charities and social enterprises. We continue to lead the market we helped to shape.
Bates Wells challenges what is possible in legal expertise delivery.
About the Role
Our top ranked Charity and Social Enterprise department handles the most complex, high profile and high value matters for charities, philanthropists and businesses. The depth and breadth of our practice, the range of our technical knowledge and our personal commitment to serve the sector as a whole mean that we act for clients of all sizes across the whole spectrum of non-profit activity.
- You are a graduate with experience as a paralegal and/or a Law Degree, or graduate level legal qualification (such as the Graduate Diploma in Law or equivalent) – a postgraduate level legal qualification such as the Legal Practice Course is desirable for this role, but not essential.
- You have excellent technical legal knowledge and an interest in learning about charity law.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills including a focus on attention to detail.
- You understand the importance of good knowledge management and knowledge sharing processes in a law firm.
- You are a team player – there is a place for individual effort but we value a collaborative approach.
- You see the value in Bates Wells as a career choice and view Bates Wells as a high quality employer.
- You share our values and want to make a difference.
- You want to feel that you are a part of the Bates Wells experience and ‘belong’.
- You are not afraid to test assumptions and challenge.
- You want exposure to a variety of challenges that will allow you to innovate.
- You are technically excellent, commercially minded and have great people skills.